Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yes, I admit it. I’m a Paper Ho :)

My weakness and my love is patterned paper. It is my absolute favorite part about scrapbooking. Recently, I found a blog called “pretty paper. true stories.” Yes! Exactly – love it!!! The title of her blog inspired this post. I am in the middle of preparing for a monthly crop I attend. I have so much patterned paper because as I said before it is my weakness. I am on a mission to use up a good portion of what I have already. No new paper until I have finished my 2009 family book and the rest I would like to donate to a local daycare or a youth program for at risk kids. So as I get ready for the crop I would like to share with you how I go about preparing for my pages. Disclaimer: I am not always this organized and just as many times I’m piling ALL of my paper, stamps, pictures etc into a bag and hoping for the best! But when I do take the time to follow this method I enjoy the crop so much more because I am so much more productive!!

So….step 1 ….. PHOTOS

Stuff 015 Stuff 020

Step 2 …..INSPIRATION

Stuff 024 Stuff 026

Step 3  ******* PAPER , PAPER and MORE PAPER :)

Stuff 004 Stuff 014 Stuff 007 Stuff 005 

Step 4 BAG IT

Stuff 021  Stuff 023

Step 5 FIND ACCESSORIES, STICKERS ETC and add to bag. This final step is optional as most of it can take place when the page is assembled.

I have 12 bags to take to the crop with me and if I am successful I will come home that day with 12 finished layouts.

Go ahead call me a paper ho – I know its true - I love me some patterned paper :)

XOXO – Miss Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment