Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nice Shoes!




So it's that time of year, school is just around the corner and the kids are getting new clothes and well new shoes. My girls and I made a trip to the mall because my oldest wanted a pair of Converse. And I said 'For real? Like actual Converse?' And she was like 'Yea, I want grey ones'. (How cool is that??) My other daughter decided to get a pair too and much grey also (much to Lindy's dismay!). They try on their sizes and we are ready to pay and out of the corner of my eye I see little bitty Converse - how adorable!! I said 'Girls, you think Jayce would like these?' Lindy was excited too - 'Yea, get him some she said'. So I got him a black pair and was so excited to give them to him when we got home. He was excited, too. He loves new shoes. So he ripped open the box and pulled out a shoe - no smile or excitement yet - but wait there is another shoe to check out. I saw him looking at the sides for a Spiderman or a Batman...nope...nothing there. Then on to the soles for some blinking lights...none of that either. 'I don't like them - take them back' he said! Oh man, he doesn't like the coolest shoes ever!! Bummer! But I did manage to get him in them for a photo op before the return. At least I can scrap his little feet in them - so they will live on forever. Some day he will look back and regret not wanting those bad boys! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment