Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Harvest

DSC_0030

Tomatoes are not ready to but my cucumbers are being very fruitful! I found a special treasure at the bottom of the patch:

Look at the size of this thing!DSC_0033

After tending to my garden and harvesting the cucumbers I got busy in the kitchen and made my Southern Cucumber and Onions ~

DSC_0034

My hubby loves this stuff! Here is the recipe:

Southern Cucumbers and Onions

2-3 medium or 2 large cucumbers
1-1/2 cup white vinegar
1-1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp red pepper (I use Chipolte Chili Pepper)
1 medium Vidalia sweet onion

Peel cucumbers, peel onion. Slice cucumber into a large bowl with lid. Dice onion and add to cucumbers. Add vinegar and water to bowl. Add salt and red pepper. Mix well, let stand 1-2 days depending on your preference.

Tonight we will have this salad, BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob and Cheesy Potatoes.

I love summer time!!

XOXO

Miss Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment